About this Event
Faith Family is excited to partner with Accurate Firearms Training to offer a License to Carry Class.
(formerly known as CHL)
Class Instructor: David Hancock - Former Texas State Trooper
CLASSROOM PORTION will be provided for FREE!!
Our recommendation is to use Accurate Firearms for your range instructor also. They provide that service for $25.00, and the range used has a very reasonable fee as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the LTC class?
• The Texas Department of Public Safety requires a minimum of 4 to 6 hours of training for a new applicant.
What is the cost of the LTC class?
• FREE classroom portion
What do I need for the classroom portion?
• Comfortable clothing, pen, clipboard or hard surface to write on, and a current State of Texas Drivers’ License or a photo I.D. Card from another state.
Do I need to bring lunch/dinner with me?
• There will be short breaks throughout the day, and an opporunity to purchase lunch at the event.
• You may bring snacks/food with you if needed.
What topics are covered in the LTC class?
• Students will receive classroom instruction pertaining to deadly force, dispute resolution, concealed handgun law, gun safety and storage, selection of a concealed carry gun, open carry, handgun accuracy training, and the handgun proficiency test.
Where is the class held?
• The classroom portion will be held at Faith Family Church.
• 215 FM 6, Nevada TX 75173
What kind of gun do I need to bring?
• You DO NOT need a gun for this CLASSROOM portion. Please DO NOT bring a gun INSIDE the building during the classroom portion. If you bring your gun, leave it in your vehicle. There will be opportunity to sign up for range qualifications for the same day. See Range Qualification Section.
Who is eligible to obtain a Texas LTC?
• You must be at least 21 years of age or 18 years of age and on active duty in the U.S. Military, and not a convicted felon. Eligibility requirements are listed on the Texas DPS website.
When I go to the range for the shooting qualification, what do I need to bring to the range?
CHECK WITH YOUR RANGE. (This is our recommendation:)
• A .22 caliber or larger revolver or semi-automatic that is in good working condition. Rental guns are available.
• 50 – 100 rounds of factory ammunition. RELOADS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
• Two magazines for a semi-auto handgun. One magazine is ok if you don’t have two available.
• Hearing protection if you have your own; otherwise ear protection can be purchased for a small fee at the range.
• Eye protection if you have your own; otherwise eye protection can be purchased for a small fee at the range.
• Clothing that is suitable for a shooting range and weather conditions.
If I qualify with a revolver, can I carry a semi-auto handgun?
• Yes, and vice versa.
At what distances do I have to shoot from during the range qualification?
• From a standing position, you will fire 20 rounds from 3 yards, 20 rounds from 7 yards, and 10 rounds from 15 yards. The target will be a B-27 silhouette.
What is the passing score for the range qualification?
• You must score 70%+, or 175 points out of the possible 250 points in order to pass.
What happens if I do not pass the range qualification?
• You may take the range proficiency test up to 3 times before you are classified as failed. You must have 50 rounds of ammunition for each attempt.